If you want to become fit and healthy, then a great sport to pick up on would be basketball! A popular sport that many love, you'll be able to have fun in basketball court while burning calories and building strength. It is also an exciting game which boys and men love to play during their free time. You won't only be able to play in the courts, but you can also set up your own basketball game right in the comforts of your own home! There are basketball hoops available, may you want something portable or an in-ground basketball hoop. You can find different types of hoops you can use! But what do you really need? To help make your decision easier, we show you the difference between indoor and outdoor basketball hoops.
What is the Difference Between Indoor and Outdoor Basketball Hoops?
Like mentioned, there are many types of basketball hoops you can choose from.The two main ones would be the indoor and outdoor basketball hoop. But what exactly makes it different, other than the location of where you can install it? Here are some of the differences:
1. One of the main differences would be how you set up the backboard of the basketball hoop. With an indoor basketball hoop, you will be mounting it on a wall or door, while you will need to set up the pole and assemble an outdoor basketball hoop through building a paved court. So we can say that it is easier to set up an indoor basketball hoop rather than one for outdoors.
2. In terms of sports, indoor basketball hoops can be more practical for those who want an indoor court as a form of practice for shooting. It can also be used during breaktime when in the office or found in the bedroom when wanting to make a quick shot to sharpen the skills. An outdoor basketball hoop can be for those who want to exercise and truly play a legit game without the need to visit any basketball court. These are for more serious players who want to practice at home.
3. The backboard of an indoor basketball hoop will be smaller than one used for outdoors to match the amount of space for installation.
4. The height of the basketball hoop will vary, but an outdoor basketball hoop would be taller, since there is more space to move around. The height of an indoor basketball hoop would usually be as tall as the highest part of your door or room.
5. Because of its size and portability, an indoor basketball hoop would be cheaper as compared to an in-ground outdoor basketball hoop.
6. An indoor basketball hoop is portable and can easily be transferred anywhere around the home or office. An outdoor basketball hoop, if not wall-mounted, will be permanent and may be trickier to transfer or remove because of the concrete set into the ground during assembly.
7. Usually, an indoor basketball hoop will not have a pole and is usually wall-mounted to save up on space, whereas an outdoor basketball hoop would have a pole to easily adjust the height and to make the backboard and rim stable when shooting.
8. Indoor basketball hoops are great for children who are starting out with the sport because of safety and ease of use and installation. Outdoor basketball hoops are for those who are keen on becoming serious players and who want to practice a legit game at home without hassle.
These are just some of the differences indoor and outdoor basketball hoops have. As for preference, it all depends on the player himself. Beginners can choose to start off with an indoor basketball hoop and begin playing outside once they are familiar with shooting the ball properly.
Basketball is a very fun game loved by the millions. For those who want to start playing basketball with their loved ones, you won't need to go far to play it! With the various basketball hoops available to purchase, you'll be able to start playing at home. Hopefully, the differences between an indoor and outdoor basketball hoop will have you decide which one you need and want. You can purchase good basketball hoops in your local sports store, or purchase it online. So what are you waiting for? Start the basketball game and search for quality basketball hoops now!
Did you enjoy the article or have any more recommendations? Post your comments and suggestions below! We'd love to hear your thoughts.